The Business Affairs and Consumer Protection Department of the City of Chicago determines all taxicab rates. For more information, please visit their website.
- $3.25 for the first 1/9th mile or less
- $0.20 for each additional 1/9th of a mile
- There is an extra $1.00 charge for the first additional passenger over the age of 12 and under the age of 65, and $.50 for each additional passenger.
- There is a $2.00 airport departure/arrival tax charged per trip (not per person).
- There is no extra charge for baggage or credit card use, and tipping is optional.
- Trips from the airports to all suburbs EXCEPT those noted below are STRAIGHT METER PLUS ONE-HALF THE STRAIGHT METERED FARE from the airport to the suburban destination.
- Trips from locations in Chicago other than the airports are STRAIGHT METER TO CITY LIMITS PLUS ONE-HALF THE STRAIGHT METERED FARE from the city limits to the suburban destination.
- The following suburban destinations are straight meter only, from the airports: Alsip, Bedford Park, Blue Island, Burbank, Burnham, Calumet City, Calumet Park, Cicero, Des Plaines, Dolton, Elk Grove Village, Elmwood Park, Evanston, Evergreen Park, Forest View, Harwood Heights, Hines VA Hospital, Hometown, Lincolnwood, Merrionette Park, Niles, Norridge, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Park Ridge, Riverdale, River Grove, Rosemont, Skokie, Stickney, and Summit.